Mechanical Estimator SALARY
: 45 – 75k annual
Watkinsville, GA FLSA STATUS:
Director Engineering / Contract Mgt
Prepare mechanical cost estimates for manufacturing, construction projects, or engineering services to aid management in determining price of construction or service.
- Work alongside clients, vendors, and other departmental staff to resolve issues and formulate cost estimates.
- Analyze blueprints, construction drawings and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Utilizing IMI selection criteria secure estimates from vendors or subcontractors.
- Confer with engineers, designers, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes to cost estimates.
- Prepare scopes of work based on verbal guidance of clients or at the direction of management.
- Prepare manpower estimates enabling management to organize, and schedule staff.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation for the duration of a project.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products and services based on actual costs relative to estimates.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Prepare Job Turnover Package once customer issues purchase order for prepared quote.
- Conduct special studies to establish standard hour and related cost data driving cost reduction.
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to construct or subcontract components.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Establish and maintain tendering (bidding) process and negotiate as required.
- Work within company policy as outlined in the Industrial Mechanical, Inc. Employee Handbook and in compliment with the IMI Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Note: Education requirement can be waived for internal candidates who have proven successful as a Project Manager or General Foreman for a minimum of five (5) years and possess the desire and ability to perform role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field of study.
BUSINESS & BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of five or more years work experience in estimating of industrial projects.
- Experience with processing piping takeoffs and equipment installation.
- Ability and willingness to work from a vehicle up to 25% of the time quoting/visiting customers.
- Willing to travel overnight up to 5% of the time.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Computer experience, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office, Excel, Project, and Outlook.
- Critical Thinking – Ability to conceptualize, apply, analyze, synthesize, and/or evaluate information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to action.
- Communication – Presents ideas/facts clearly and concisely in oral and written formats. Listens well and asks the right questions. Can effectively deliver a speech, presentation or other communication to customers, technicians, or management.
- Continuous Improvement – Has a high level of self-management and motivation to continuously improve the process, people, equipment, raw materials and self. Can adapt and transfer new methods and ideas to situations to maximize positive results.
- Analytical Problem Solving – Can determine what data is relevant; recognizes inconsistencies and draws inferences from data to develop solutions and options.
- Credibility – Does not blame others and takes responsibility for his/her own mistakes. Respects confidential information and concerns shared by others. Finishes work and reports on time and effectively utilizes data to support positions.
- Initiative – Has the ability to identify key issues, develop a workable solution from data and working with others, sells his/her solution and implements the solution.
- Resource Management – Efficient and effective deployment of our organization’s resources, such as financial resources, human skills, or production resources.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications